Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Samuel Still Showcase at RAW: Philadelphia "SOLSTICE"2012


One of the most positive things this past summer of 2012 was me being selected as featured photographer at RAW Artist's Solstice June event. RAW Artist organization defines  itself  as "RAW: natural born artists is an independent arts organization, for artists, by artists. We're a community made up of creative individuals across the nation. Our mission is to provide independent artists within the first 10 years of their career with the tools, resources and exposure needed to inspire and cultivate creativity. We welcome all genres of art including independent film, fashion, music, visual art, performing art, hairstylists, makeup artists and more. RAW currently operates in 64 cities across the United States & Australia and counting ..."   

Philadelphia RAW Organization holds their event at a real sophisticated, swanky lounge called the  G- Lounge usually on the first Thursday of the each month.  DJ Dennis of  Selekta Recordings spins the hottest house music mixes in Philly. Local up and coming musicians, fashion designers, hairstylists, and visual artist all get a chance to showcase the work and gain exposure. You could not  find a better place to hang out with some other amazing artists. It really is an eclectic mix of people that are in attendance. 

Now I am connected with other artist like myself and the ability to showcase my work in any of the hosting RAW Artist cities is amazing!  I have since June worked with extraordinary videographers,  fashion designers, hairstylists, make up artists, and models.  I have done some cool editorial shoots at some cool locations.  I  certainly will be blogging about my other shoots soon.
  
The beginning of the event  RAW produces a promotional video interview for the artist.  Check out my video:




The face behind the "RK Photo"
My exhibit at Philadelphia RAW Solstice June Event

Talking with a couple whom I recently shot their wedding










The other cool thing for me was to share this occasion with my models, clients, friends, and family that came and supported me. I like to say thanks to everyone for supporting me and look for me for my showcase in some other cities next year.  If your an artist check out RAW Organization showcase in your city.  Submit your work and see if you can become part of the RAW Artist family that is growing each month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment