Monday, February 27, 2012

Hip Hop Culture History Lesson

I spent last weekend in NYC shooting behind scenes of  Hip Hop music video.  It turned out to be a lesson in the Hip Hop Culture that I was a part growing up.  I grew up listening, dancing, and watching Hip Hop videos.  I was on location in several different areas of Brooklyn, Harlem, and Queens. It made I think about some of my favorite” back in day" videos like  "Self Destruction" -Stop the Violence movement, "Microphone Fiend- Eric B and Rakim, and "My Addias"-Run-DMC to name just a few.  I thought about the oversize thick gold chains, colorful sweat suits, brightly colored fat shoe laces, and cool looking Kango hats that were part of my era growing up.  Now colleges study the Hip Hop Culture movement.  This for me is funny because to me and many others like me it was just a way of expressing ourselves. We never thought of it as "culture movement". 

So here is little bit of "Culture":



So check my man Flash's video soon to be released March 23, 2012.  "Dejavu" www.flashishiphop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment